Homestay hosts are needed urgently for students studying in Ottawa, Ontario!
Canada Homestay Network (CHN) is looking for caring homestay families to host international students from around the world coming to study in Ottawa for short- and long-term stays.
High School Programs
If you are interested in hosting an international student between the ages of 13 and 16 years old and your home is within the catchment area of any of the below schools, please apply to become a host.
- Glebe Collegiate Institute
- Brookfield High School
- Lisgar Collegiate Institute
- Nepean High School
- Woodroffe High School
- Bell High School
- Sir Robert Borden Highschool
To check if your home is within the school's catchment area, please visit: https://www.ocdsb.ca/our_schools/school_locator, enter your address, select the "Secondary English" program and grades 9 to 12.
- Algonquin College
- University of Ottawa
- UNAM Canada
Bring the world to your front door!
The Canada Homestay Network provides cultural and first-language support to hosts and their students 24x7, a generous allowance to help offset expense and the opportunity to bring the world to your front door!
What you provide:
- Three nutritious meals / day
- Utilities including laundry and internet
- A private bedroom, desk and closet
- A patient, caring, and friendly home atmosphere
- The same guidance and attention you would want for one of your loved ones travelling overseas!
Why host an international student?
Being a homestay host is a rewarding experience.
When you make the decision to welcome an international student into your home, you make a lasting contribution to your family, your community and the student. [ learn more ]
Host families who welcome international students into their home:
- Grow their understanding of the world and its peoples
- Make life-long friendships
- Get to share the beauty of their home and community
- Ensure their local economy benefits from the booming international education industry
- Receive a generous allowance to offset expenses
International students who live with Canadian families:
- Learn language and Canadian culture in a healthy, caring environment
- Get a positive introduction to Canadian family life, which encourages many to apply for permanent residency after graduation
- Become valuable future partners in trade, political relations and global leadership
- Bring a broader world-view to their communities back home