Homestay hosts are needed in Edmonton, Alberta!
The Canada Homestay Network has partnered with the Edmonton Public Schools International Student Program to arrange caring homestay hosts for international students coming to study in Edmonton, Alberta.
If you're interested in hosting and live on school bus routes for Lillian Osbourne High School, Jasper Place High School, or Harry Ainlay High School in the southwest part of Edmonton, click here to apply.
Canada Homestay Network provides cultural and first language support to hosts and their students 24x7 and a generous allowance ($800/month in Edmonton) to help offset expenses.
Why host an international student?
Being a homestay host is a rewarding experience. When you make the decision to welcome an international student into your home, you make a lasting contribution to your family, your community and the student. [ learn more ]
Host families who welcome international students into their home:
- Grow their understanding of the world and its peoples
- Make life-long friendships
- Get to share the beauty of their home and community
- Ensure their local economy benefits from the booming international education industry
- Receive a generous allowance to offset expenses ($800/month in Edmonton)
International students who live with Canadian families:
- Learn language and Canadian culture in a healthy, caring environment
- Get a positive introduction to Canadian family life, which encourages many to apply for permanent residency after graduation
- Become valuable future partners in trade, political relations and global leadership
- Bring a broader world-view to their communities back home