Homestay hosts are needed in Calgary, Alberta!
The Canada Homestay Network has partnered with the Calgary Board of Education, Lycée Louis Pasteur & St. Mary's University to arrange caring homestay hosts for international students coming to study in Calgary, Alberta.
There are year-round hosting opportunities with students of all ages and nationalities. Hosts can welcome short-term or long-term students and are needed across Calgary. However, hosts are particularly needed in the areas surrounding:
- Bowness High School
- Central Memorial High School
- Crescent Height High
- Ernest Manning High School
- Henry Wise Wood High School
- Queen Elizabeth High School
- William Aberhart High School
Your family can benefit from hosting students
The Canada Homestay Network provides cultural and first-language support to hosts and their students 24x7, a generous allowance to help offset expense and the opportunity to bring the world to your front door!
What you provide:
- Three nutritious meals / day
- Utilities including laundry and internet
- A private bedroom, desk and closet
- A patient, caring, and friendly home atmosphere
- The same guidance and attention you would want for one of your loved ones travelling overseas!
Why host an international student?
Being a homestay host is a rewarding experience. When you make the decision to welcome an international student into your home, you make a lasting contribution to your family, your community and the student. [ learn more ]
Host families who welcome international students into their home:
- Grow their understanding of the world and its peoples
- Make life-long friendships
- Get to share the beauty of their home and community
- Ensure their local economy benefits from the booming international education industry
- Receive a generous allowance to offset expenses ($800/month)
International students who live with Canadian families:
- Learn language and Canadian culture in a healthy, caring environment
- Get a positive introduction to Canadian family life, which encourages many to apply for permanent residency after graduation
- Become valuable future partners in trade, political relations and global leadership
- Bring a broader world-view to their communities back home